- PC Computer
- Wireless Keyboard and Presentation Mouse
- VGA Connection w/ Audio
- HDMI Connection
- Document Camera
- DVD/VHS Player
- Audience Response System (H-ITT)
- White Boards
- Matrix Dual-Projection
- Stereo Sound System
- Media Cabinet
- Touch Panel A/V Control System
- Wired Internet Access
- Wireless Internet Access
- Campus Phone
Each room will have a similar array of equipment. Below is an overview of typical room equipment, where it can be found, and operation instructions.
- The Media Cabinet
- Interface Panel
- Utility Drawer
- Lower screen using screen controller located above the cabinet.
- On the control panel, touch the 'Press Here to Begin' button.
- Select the component you wish to use to present your media by pressing PC,DOC CAM, DVD, VCR, or LAPTOP. On the touchscreen, select the destination for the projection (Left or Right).
- If using VHS or DVD, the controls for the player will appear on the touchscreen. There are two screens of controls for the DVD. The second screen can be accessed by pressing More, which appears in upper right hand corner of the touch screen when DVD is pressed.
- Volume controls can be to the left of the touchscreen.
- To use the desktop PC, first press the PC's power button. Use the supplied keyboard and mouse.
- The PCs volume controls can be found on the control panel.
- To use your laptop, connect the HDMI or VGA cable to your laptop's external monitor port. The VGA and HDMI cables are connected to the podium. If using the VGA cable, you will also need to connect the audio cable for sound, which is also connected to the podium
- Connect the other end to the VGA port of the Control Panel. Connect the one end of the audio cable to the audio jack, located beside the VGA port on the Control Panel. You can plug your laptop into the power outlet located below the audio jack on the Control Panel.
- Plug the other end of the audio cable into your laptop's headphones jack.
- If you require a network connection, use the ethernet cable in the utility drawer.
- Your laptop may automatically send it's output to the projector. If not, you may need to mirror your laptop's screen.
Document Camera (lecture halls only)
- Unlock the document camera drawer and open the camera.
- Press the Doc Cam button on the control panel.
Desktop PC (lecture halls only)
- To use the desktop PC, first press the PC's power button.
- Use the wireless keyboard and mouse, which have a 25' range
- The PC's volume is controlled by the buttons to the left of the touchscreen- please make sure the volume is preset to a medium level.
- If you experience any problems using the Smart Classroom multimedia technology, press the Help button (1) on the control panel.
- Multimedia Technologies Group staff will respond either in person or via the in-room telephone.
- You may also contact Multimedia Technologies Group at 951-827-3045.
Flex classrooms are dynamic teaching environments that feature an enhanced array of presentation technologies and a flexible room design.